2018-02-10: Meaning #9

topic

https://discuss.bevry.me/t/maps-of-meaning-9/31/1

podcast

discussion notes

• Women being able to judge men, rather than being oppressed by them, seems to be the animus that unlocked innovation and legacy - moving us from a cyclic (living at effect) worldview to a progress (living at cause) worldview. The 1:11:00 slide.

• Weinstein issue is not rape, but prostitution. How should society deal with this?

• Lower class is dominated by psychopaths and wolves. They are out for themselves, often out of circumstances. Wolves may sacrifice themselves so an external ideal may live - Sin Nombre movie - also in I will be a wolf so that my child can prosper. This offers hope for those of integrity. The wolves may protect them. Even if the wolves have evil.

• Middle and upper class are places where people help each other.

• How to deal with malevolent people ?

• Use them as an example of how not to treat people and what not to be.

• Become strong over time so that you can be the kind of person who can stop these people.

• How to deal with people who are not malevolent but misguided?

• Help them see the light. Also help yourself in case they are right and you are wrong.
  • It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt - but it is through hurt you realise your actual boundaries, and through attitudes, how to overcome them and grow stronger