Roadmap for the JBP Community

These are the goals that I wish to see accomplished by the community over the coming months, as of April 2018:

• Update the website to become a hub for Peterson content and their corresponding resources, such that people can watch the lectures on the site, while easily seeing the corresponding lecture notes, discussion notes, recorded discussions, and so on.

• Update the website to list the upcoming meetings, calendar events, as well as the content from our youtube

• Work to grow this forum into a nice community of people who care about thinking out loud (finding truth and strength) and sorting themselves out (becoming integrated beings) - the digital meetup and youtube is good, but they appeal more to extrovert types, whereas asynchronous text communication appeals more to introverts, and scales to facilitate cross-time-zone discussions easier

• Scale the youtube page to become a hub to promote discussions, people, and highlights within and from the community

• As always, the means so far of accomplishing this, is not via diversity quotas, but by making something rewarding and enjoyable for each person - if you can offer that to every individual, then diversity sorts itself out, without excluding anyone

What do you think? Is there anything you are wanting to see?

Wow man, this is pretty impressive. I tried creating a Discourse site specifically for the same objective in 2017 but my VPS resources were too limited for Discourse. So I quit, but… have done some other high-ranking meta community projects in the mean time.

This is my first comment on the forum so …“ahem… hello!”

I have lots of ideas. But just signed up now to get my feet wet.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Tom. If you’re sorting yourself- and subsequently the chaos around you- then you will find like-minded people here. We’ve yet to hit noticeable traction (traffic), but Ben (OP above) has been working hard on providing this space, and good ideas and communication are always welcome. The podcast and video discussions were the origin of the community, and could be considered the bread-and-butter of what we do here right now. Take a look at the schedule and keep the words flowing!

1 Like

For me, this is the ideal way to progress the community. I’ve attended some of the discussions, albeit not recently, and I like them, but I’d be more interested in seeing a discussion forum evolve here. An asynchronous forum where we can post links, citations, and have more in depth conversations about things that don’t necessarily need to be recalled from memory would be rewarding.

I think something else important to keeping things interesting is straying from things explicitly related to Jordan Peterson and using his thought more like a jumping off point into discussions that might be tangentially related to what he talks about. Discussions about politics, philosophy, and contemporary issues would be particularly interesting to me personally.

1 Like

I’m here because I’m looking for a place to discuss JBP-related ideas with like-minded people. I’m sick of the arguing on other platforms! And i don’t really want to hear anything negative. It’s like the whole internet exists to tear one another down.

So anyway, I’m here to just find people who like JBP as much as I do, and to deepen and expand my understanding of how to live.

Mostly, I miss the good old fashioned discussion boards of circa 2000, where you could talk with like minded people and not have to deal with trolls ruining the fun all the time. :slight_smile:

Thanks for putting the community together. I hope to support it!

3 Likes

Welcome, MFL.

Every new post produces activity, so thank you for reaching out. I’ve been busy lately (as have a few of the other posters here) working on projects which we hope to benefit the larger community, and I regret it has taken time away from interacting with those seeking new outlets for discussion and ideas on sorting themselves in the world. I’m a parent as well. Feel free to continue posting or message someone directly. We have a weekly podcast that discusses a number of topics important to the JBP community and you are welcome to participate however you like, be it consumption or interactive discussion. Here is a link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPkobzBsAIjpItonUT7AU9Q.

Hi, I just discovered this forum and I’m so glad there is a place like this where like minded people can get together and talk about the interesting subjects that Peterson brings up. Everything between heaven and earth!

I discovered JBP through Joe Rogan last year and ever since I’ve been working on bettering myself, taking care of myself and growing as a human being. I was so glad when I listened to Petersons lectures talking about Nietzsche, Jung, Dostoyevski and biblical stories. These are what have moved me in my life and taught me life lessons and given me insight into the human mind and human nature. To listen to someone like JBP taking especially Dostoyevski seriously is amazing.

Further more I’ve read his 12 rules for life and right now in the middle of Maps of Meaning. I’m also working on the self authoring program, it’s hard but I know it will guide me through the tough time in life I’m going through right now.

I’m looking forward in discussing these subjects with you people. Thanks and take care!

1 Like